This topics addresses the capabilities of an Instructor, or in other words, what the Instructor can or cannot do.
1. What Can an Instructor do?
- An instructor can create, manage, and sell his courses.
- He has complete authority to add videos, PDF’s, documents, and other reference material to his course.
- He can create, conduct, and grade quizzes and assignments within his course.
- He can access the student reports and course analytics for his courses.
- He can import/export course material related to his courses to an external device.
- The instructor can also sell his courses on the website, adding course fees as per his discretion.
- He has access to the sales reports for his courses.
2. What Cannot an Instructor do?
- An Instructor cannot access the back-end of the core website, including but not limited to the website Dashboard, site analytics panel, and sales and services section.
- He cannot view, edit, sell, or manage any other Instructor’s courses.
- The Instructor cannot view the number of students or any of their profile details for any course excluding his own.
These capabilities thus offer the Instructor a free creative rein while designing his course while effectively limiting his access to the core functionalities of the website.